Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cheers to the Freakin Weekend!!

I'm kind of late with the update from the weekend.....

Friday night started with me doing a 6 mile run/walk.  I've really been focusing on my breathing - taking deeper breaths.  It seems to help me from getting too winded.  I was able to do the entire 6 miles, maintaining 1/1 running/walking intervals.  I couldn't do that on my 5 miler the week before.  So, I was pretty psyched about that.  The weather was great for me, too.

I wish every day could be like that!!  Today it's not even 60 degrees!

Saturday morning we left for the northern Chicago suburbs for some hockey games.  L's team played 4 games throughout the weekend.  They lost all 4.  L had 4 penalties in the first game.  Luckily he didn't have any more for the rest of the weekend.  C and I pretty much hung out all weekend.  We skipped the second game so she could swim in the hotel pool.  Then we drove around and found a nice beach on Lake Michigan.  Again, the weather was beautiful.

We were able to stay at a friend's house Saturday night, which was fun to catch up.  I did drink a little too much wine, though.  Gotta do that once in awhile!!  Except I paid for it on Sunday....I couldn't get enough to eat all day and food was the only thing that made me feel a little better!

The highlight of the weekend, though, was how good C was for me ALL weekend.  I told her that several times.  When I thanked her on Saturday night for being so good, she said that she was going to be good tomorrow, too!  And she was.  She is so much more fun to be around when we're not arguing!!

Planning on a 3 mile run tonight, hopefully the rain will hold off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Julie's Gone Mad | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs