Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Run Down

It's been a busy week.  Started Saturday morning....up at 530 for my parents to pick me up at 6:15 to head down to Madison for the Badger game.  Got to the bar at 830 to tailgate for 2 hours before heading into the game.  My brother has awesome seats for the games....
You can't ask for better seats than that, can you??  The Badgers won, too, which was a bonus.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  The only bad thing was that I didn't bring my sunglasses into the game.

Sunday morning, my kids and I volunteered at the gel station for the Fox Cities Marathon at mile 22 for the marathon or Mile 9 for the half marathon.  So, we were out the door at 7 a.m.  That was fun.  And so inspiring!  I couldn't believe how fast the leaders were - men and women!  The woman who won the marathon, she was so far ahead when she passed us.  She actually started walking a bit when she passed us.  Afterwards she said that she walked quite a bit the last few miles.  I saw that she only won by a little bit.  AND, it was only her 2nd marathon!  CRAZY!!  Some day, I'm going to do a half marathon.....

I must've been inspired by the marathon.  In the afternoon, I had to do 4 miles.  I kept an eye on my watch and did a 5K in 36:55, which would be a PR by over a minute.  I did the 4 miles in 48 minutes, which means a 12 minute pace, which is great for me!

Then, on Monday, I'm sure from lack of sleep, etc., I started getting a sore throat.  Uh oh.  It STILL hasn't turned into a full fledged cold, so maybe it's allergies.  But, it's bugging me and my head feels like it's going to explode.

Last night was a beautiful night -- 62 degrees, hardly any wind, no clouds.  Went for a 3 mile run.  I had to walk the last 1/2 mile.  I just felt crappy.

Look at how nice it was, though.....  At least I was out there.  Tomorrow, I have a 7 mile run on my schedule.  Not sure how that will work, but I'm going to try it.  We have a busy weekend planned....hockey and Packer game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Julie's Gone Mad | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs